Friday, December 18, 2015

Tin Can Succulents • The cutest pot you'll ever see!


The only thing more "in" than tin cans is succulents. With these mini creations, you'll have the cutest pots around! 


Start out with some tin cans. I washed out old black bean cans for this project, but any cans will work great!

For my first succulent pot, I started by painting the tin can. I like to mix my own paint colors, check out my tutorial here. 


I used hot glue to attach lace and twine to the can. I got this lace from an old skirt I cut up. You can use any sort of lace or ribbon you can find! 

Just glue the edges of the lace (under the seams) to make sure the hot glue doesn't show!


For my second pot, I decided to cover it with fabric. I used a different part of the skirt I cut for the lace. Again, I used hot glue to attach the fabric to the can. I finished the design up with more twine!


I used cactus and succulent potting soil to fill up my pots and plant my little succulents


For my third can, I created a lantern using a simple hammer and nail. You're more than welcome to use a drill gun instead! 


Start by using a permanent pen to mark where you want to make your holes. Permanent marker can be removed from the tin can by using nail polish so it's no big deal if you mess up and want to start over!



Then use the hammer and nail (or drill gun) to poke holes in the can. You can also poke one hole in each side and attach wire to create a handle. I used floral wire wrapped around itself.


Paint the can and put a candle in the lantern and you're good to go!


Tin cans are the new mason jars so make sure you're up to date with the cutest tin can crafts!







Remember crafters, be crazy!
xxx,
Zaria 

No comments:

Post a Comment