Sunday, September 6, 2015

Mini Donut Canvases • Wake up with a smile!


Who doesn't love donuts? This sweet craft is perfect for your kitchen or dorm room and will add fun and color wherever you put them! 


Mini canvases are perfect for this craft, but regular canvases could be just as cute! I bought three mini canvases for $1 each! Q-tips are your best friend in this craft and serve as the perfect tiny paintbrush!


I love mixing my own paint from basic colors, it saves money and is fun to do! Check out my paint mixing tutorial here! 


Paint pens are super useful in this craft too! The sprinkles and lettering were made easy by paint pens. 


My first step was tracing the outer circle of the donut on the canvases. I traced the bottom of a paint bottle with pencil and then used a Q-tip to cover it with paint. Then, using the frosting color, I made a smaller circle in the center. I used a Q-tip to fill in the donut. I found it was easier to draw semicircles to create the pattern of frosting. For the sprinkles, I used a white paint pen first and then filled in the shape with color. Using the sharpie pen for icing works great as well!






There you go! A cheap easy tutorial that will enhance any room!

Remember crafters, be crazy!
xxx,
Zaria

No comments:

Post a Comment