Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Paper Sunflower Chain • Bring light into any room!


A chain of sunflowers can lighten up any bland room. This cute and simple tutorial is perfect for your bedroom, dorm, living room, or anywhere else flowers are appropriate (which I'm pretty sure is everywhere). 



Making the flowers is incredibly easy; you just need paper, glue, and scissors. The first thing you have to do is fold your paper in half twice.





Next, fold in the corner. This part may be a little tricky. You can refer to the beginning of this video for help.


Now, cut a petal shape out of the paper. It's important that the petal is even, otherwise your flower will look deformed.



There you go! Make a second flower the same way, but slightly smaller, to layer on top. Finish it off with a circle cut from brown paper.


Glue all the pieces together and voila, you have a beautiful flower! A glue stick worked great for me! You can adjust the color of the paper you use to create flowers of any type (white and pink daisies would be adorable).


To create the chain, I varied the sizes of my flowers. Then I used tape to fasten them to a strand of twine. I knotted loops at each end so I can hook the sunflowers anywhere!


And there you go! An easy and adorable craft that's pretty much foolproof. 





Remember crafters, be crazy!
xxx,
Zaria

No comments:

Post a Comment