Saturday, June 6, 2015

Painted Wine Glass • The perfect gift for your friend’s 21st birthday!




Right off the bat let’s be clear. I cannot draw, like at all. No sketching, painting, anything! So, that being said, if I can draw a face on a wine glass anybody can!


This is perfect for a 21st birthday, Mother’s day, (Father’s day?), a bridal party, or pretty much any occasion that involves someone who enjoys wine!

The process for this project is very simple and can be edited according to your talents/wishes. For instance, if you are and artist, go all out! Or if you are not you don’t have to!

Step one: Find a wine glass you can paint. I got this one at T.J. Maxx for $1- what a deal!



Step two: Paint. I used gloss enamel paint that works great on glass. I’m sure your local Michaels/Beverly’s/craft store can point you in the right direction! I simply invested in primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) and white paint. That way I can make pretty much any color I need without having to buy a million different paint bottles. Please refer to my other blog post about mixing colors! I also invested in a glass paint pen for the detail on the glass - only $3.99 and with the proper couponing skills you could make that even less!





  

Step three: Painting! I printed out a picture of my friend and traced the shape of her face/hair onto the glass with the paint. If you are more talented than me, go free hand! The rest is up to you! I drew pink dots around the middle of the glass and painted the stem as well. I added her monogram at the bottom too!













Good luck with this easy craft! Let your creativity go wild!

Remember crafters, be crazy!
xxx,
Zaria

No comments:

Post a Comment