Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wrapping Presents • The perfect package


Gift wrapping is a huge piece of any present! It's so easy and doesn't require expensive wrapping paper or ribbon. You can wrap presents with basic things around your house!


I wrapped four separate presents, all with items I had laying around (if you don't own twine, are you really a crazy crafter?).

The first gift I wrapped is very basic and simple. I wrapped the present with newspaper and then cut 2 stripes from a paper bag and tied twine around the whole thing!



I wrapped the next package with newspaper again, but this time I splattered some paint on the paper first! Then, I did the same thing with the brown paper bag and twine! 



For the third present, I went straight for the paper bag. I wrapped the present with the bag and then cut stripes from plain white paper. I took a ruler and marker to the stripes and added some lines! You can add any (or no) design to the paper, or even choose pretty scrapbook paper to start! I finished it off with the twine!



The last wrapping is beautiful but slightly more complicated! The wrapping is made from paper towels died with food coloring. I wet the paper towel, then wrung it out so it was only slightly damp. After, I dropped some food coloring on it and wet it again. I continued the wet, wring, dye, wring, repeat process until I liked the amount of "water color" on the paper towel. I did it about 2 times. I then used a hair dryer to dry the towel. The layers of paper towel might separate but as long as you hold them together, they should be fine. When you're done, wrap the present, add the paper bag stripes, and finish it off with twine!



These easy wrapping ideas should keep you inspired and remind you that you never have an excuse to not wrap a present!







Remember crafters, be crazy!
xxx,
Zaria

No comments:

Post a Comment